Thursday, June 18, 2009

NEW: Bear Trail

I never really thought about why
until today.
Why I always seem to procrastinate
until the heat of the day
to venture deep into the forest,
to follow my senses,
to seek my nourishment.

Today while wandering, I found
a deep strong bear trail.
Heavy footprints crossing the clearing
heading for the creek.
The pattern in the duff marked
clear enough for the eyes,
but not for the camera.

It’s fun to practice my Bear Walking QiGong
along their trails in the forest.
Slowing
my already slow pace
down.
Lumbering along,
shifting my gaze
from side to side,
attentive, curious.
My, my how the forest opens differently
turning and twisting,
scanning the earth for grubs.
humility enters the gaze,
presence comes with the territory.
Look! A pine seedling lifting its seed cap to the sun.
Look! A fawn darting from stillness into the shadows.

Ho! She bear! Ho! He bear! Ho! Spring cubs!
As you sense my smell trampling your well worn path to the creek,
May you sense my respect,
my gratitude for the deep pause,
and the timing of my walk
when you are napping.

1 comment:

  1. u make me and myheart feill with wanting to be there with the trees and stones and if the bear gives me a blessing I will be honoured
    love
    rajul

    ReplyDelete